JOIN OUR TEAM - WE'RE HIRING Assistant Manager
Candidates should apply via email (email@example.com) with a cover letter and resume to the attention of Paul Rowe. No telephone calls or drop-ins
Full Time ǀ Luscious Wines Fruit of the Vine http://lusciouswines.com
Luscious Wines has over 18 years of award-winning craft winemaking experience serving London and surrounding areas. We are a family owned business and are seeking a motivated, positive and knowledgeable wine enthusiast to join our team as a Full Time Assistant Manager.
As a team, we aspire to provide our customers with an exceptional craft winemaking experience, producing award-winning wines that they can be proud to call their own and share with family and friends.
“We are fun, happy people who love the wine experience. We welcome our customers into our store ‘kitchen’ to craft their own wines and to “Experience the Difference” and “Bottle the Experience” with us.”
This is a great hands-on opportunity to work and learn in the Craft Wine Industry. This person will oversee our wine production and overall store management.
Regular work week Monday through Saturday
Fulltime - Approximately 43 hours per week, flexibility can be discussed
Wage commensurate with experience
Paid vacation time
Benefit Plan available after 6 months
- · Wine production; supervising customers while crafting their wine selection, time sensitive clearing and filtering of wines.
- · Cleaning and sterilization of all wine equipment
- · Assisting customers with wine preference consultations; supervise customer wine bottling and labeling process
- · General understanding of different wine kits offered
- · Handle daily opening and closing procedures – including daily inventory and cleaning
- · Providing exceptional and professional customer care and public relations
- · Physically demanding duties, able to lift up to 30lb cases of wine and be on your feet for long periods of time
- · A willingness to ‘get your hands dirty’ and do anything that needs to be done. A positive attitude with a great smile
- · Maintain and troubleshoot wine making equipment
- · Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete and exhaustive comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- · General wine knowledge - Formal/previous wine education is not a requirement, but preferred. Successful candidates should possess an enthusiasm and desire to learn about all aspects of the wine making process and the many unique styles of wine
- · Preference will be given to applicants with wine knowledge
- · General science knowledge – chemistry, physics a definite asset
- · Age of majority - 19+ and access to personal transportation and a valid driver’s licence
- · High school diploma or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- · 2 years of direct work experience in a Retail environment.
- · Experience with POS systems
- · Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
- · Strong customer service orientation.
- · Smart Serve certification an asset, or willingness to complete the program
- · Security and safety: Bondable, Criminal record check
Candidates should apply via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a cover letter and resume to the attention of Paul Rowe.
While we will evaluate all prospective candidates, we shall only respond to the candidates that meet the criteria. No telephone calls or drop ins. Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Luscious Wines.